After the rain, comes the sun! After the showers, come the flowers! So, shake off your umbrella, put the spring back in your step, and join the Food Shed Co-op TODAY because we have exciting news just around the corner!
If you've been on the fence about becoming an owner, NOW is the time to jump off and dive in. The Food Shed Co-op's success is determined by YOU, our community members. We need to significantly increase our owner base to move forward with our plans to open OUR grocery store.
Are YOU in?
Important Owner-ONLY Meeting! May 16th | May 22nd
- PROPOSED SITE LOCATION meetings at McHenry County College
- Choose your date: Thursday May 16th @7pm or Wednesday May 22nd @7pm
- Not an Owner? Want to come to this important meeting?
- You must become an Owner first! BECOME AN OWNER TODAY!
- You'll get the inside scoop on our proposed location and timeline to open our doors and make OUR store a reality!
Owner Info Sessions
- Have questions about becoming a Food Shed Co-op owner?
- Want to learn more about the Food Shed's location status and timeline?
- Curious about how to get more involved and help open our store?
- Stay tuned for dates and locations, where we'll answer all your questions!
Business Partnership Program | Owner Benefits Program
Through the years, we've partnered with many wonderful businesses and organizations who align with our mission and values, and who have donated their products and services to help us with our outreach efforts. We've returned the favor by promoting their goods and services to our community.
Our community LOVES to know about like-minded local businesses! So, we're following in the footsteps of co-op communities across the nation by making our partnerships OFFICIAL!
The Food Shed Co-op has a SIZEABLE audience who are eager to hear about your events, products, and services!
- Facebook: 3100+ Likes & Followers!
- Instagram: 660+ Followers!
- Twitter: 850+ Followers!
- Email Subscribers: 1800+
Tentative Program Features:
- Food Shed Co-op Supporter/Owner window signs for brick and mortar businesses
- Offer Food Shed Co-op owners a 10%-15% discount on select products or services
- Your business promoted to our LARGE engaged audience!
Interested in the Food Shed Co-op Business Partnership Program? First, take a look at our Cross-Promotion Policy to see if you qualify and then email Barbara, our Community Relations & Marketing Manager: [email protected]
Volunteer & Paid Positions Announced Soon!
As the Food Shed speeds up towards landing our site, we'll need some passionate and skilled people to join us to help us cross that finish line!
If you haven't done it yet, NOW is the time to fill out the quick Volunteer Registration form on our website so we can contact you based on your skill set and interests when the time comes - and that will be soon!
Full job descriptions are coming soon:
- Capital Campaign Fundraising Director (Paid position)
- Volunteer Manager (Volunteer position)
- Administrative (Data Entry & Owner Processing: Volunteer position)
- Film & Video enthusiasts/Amateur Film Directors & Wanna-be Actors (Volunteer position: sense of humor a must!)
Thank You & Keep It Up!
Thank you to a NEW wave of volunteers who are ENERGIZED and EXCITED to help our mission!
Follow their lead! Become a Food Shed Co-op Volunteer Today! Free T-shirt & Fun included in each volunteer sign-up!
- Barbara Hackel
- Bill Brennan
- Carina Vowels
- Carol Alfus
- Cecilia Carman
- Cindy Germata
- Emily Duthorn
- Jennifer Thurber
- Pam Witte
- Rich & Terry Yunker
- Ruth Raubertas
- Thea Johnson
Attention Artists & Graphic Designers!
As we move into our next stages of development, we're making some improvements - including our yard signs. We've seen some snazzy signs and catch-phrases from other successful co-ops and with your help we're hoping to incorporate these ideas into a redesigned sign!
Designs will be voted on by our owners, and the talented winner will receive a $50 Gift Card to Reprographics Art Supplies in Crystal Lake. Email us to let us know if you're interested, and stay tuned for additional details.
RCLPC Green Living Fair | April 28th
Come on out for the Green Living Fair at the Ridgefield-Crystal Lake Presbyterian Church on April 28th and check out multiple vendors with great green living tips!
Baby chicks! | Community & Residential Solar, Transportation | Faith in Place Eco-Programs for Congregations | Healthy Home and Lawn Practices | Living Waters Projects | Monarch butterflies | Vegetarian Cooking | Reusing for Home Furnishings
Weekend Fun at Terra Vitae Farms in Woodstock!
Goat Yoga | Saturday, May 18th | 1pm & 3pm
Baaack by popular demand - the funny and adorable goats at Terra Vitae Farms are ready for your best yoga poses! The wonderful Katie O'Shaughnessy is also back as our yoga instructor for this fun event!
Goat yoga is a form of animal therapy where participants exercise and meditate in the presence of goats - a unique way of combining the healing benefits of yoga and goat therapy.
This experience includes a basic one hour class, followed by a fifteen minute goat meet-n-greet.
Tickets are $15 - All proceeds go toward the Food Shed Co-op Financial Assistance Fund that grants founding ownership to those in financial need.
Farm Tours + Plant & Pork Sale | Sunday, May 19th | 10am-3pm
Food Shed Co-op owners at Terra Vitae Farms and Emily's Garden are hosting a sale of their farm's sustainable and organic food. Farm tours will be taking place at 11am and 2pm.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter