CIC Status Update 2021
Food Shed Owners met Sunday, October 17th in an online Zoom meeting to hear "next steps" from the CIC planning team for the Community Investment Campaign. Sixty-three people attended the meeting. The FULL VIDEO of the meeting is AVAILABLE HERE after completing your owner login.
Highlights of the meeting include:
- To date we have secured $1,045,870 in loans and preferred share INVESTMENTS! (Thank you owners!)
- The campaign has raised over 60% of it's owner investment goal - and is only $700,000 away from completion!
- Because of the high number of new owners since the campaign began, the CIC will be extended until 11/30 in order to educate and approach new owners.
- The CIC team will investigate additional avenues of funding including corporate support, local government opportunities, and others.
- The CIC team will develop a "sponsorship" program incentive for shopping carts, car charging stations, picnic tables, etc. to highlight major investments.
- The CIC team will continuously monitor the costs surrounding construction and update the financial proforma with ongoing results.
The CIC team promises 100% transparency with all actions taken regarding the campaign. The team WELCOMES owner input, comments, and suggestions - this is YOUR store! Additionally, the team would like to ask owners to please contact [email protected] with any community contacts they may know of that might help secure funding.
Link to FULL MEETING VIDEO HERE after completing your owner login.