PREFERRED SHARES cost $1,000 each and are available to all residents of Illinois who are over 18 years of age. State law allows the purchase of up to ten (10) shares of preferred stock in the Food Shed Co-op. Preferred Shares are a long term investment with dividends paid at the discretion of the board of directors once the co-op is profitable. To be an owner of the Food Shed Co-op you are required to own at least two (2) shares of common stock. For owners owning more than two (2) common shares, it is easy to upgrade additional common shares and convert them to preferred shares.
Note: Preferred shares have the potential to pay dividends as the co-op becomes a successful business in our community. However, as with any investment, Food Shed Co-op Preferred Shares have the risk of loss.
Need More Information?
- Review our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) HERE.
- Request an Investment Packet by emailing [email protected]
- Don't WAIT! CLICK HERE to schedule a call with us!
- For any other questions email [email protected] or call 815-977-9944.
- Jump to Owner Loan page
- Jump to Community Investment Campaign home page
Ready to Invest?
Complete our online PLEDGE FORM to let us know your investment preferences. We will contact you right away to discuss your participation in the Food Shed Co-op Community Investment Campaign.