Leslie Recipe - healthy, wholesome recipes from Leslie, founder of Expressly Leslie
Quinoa & Veggies Teriyaki – Instant Pot
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 TB
- Garlic, 2 large cloves
- Onion, one large
- Mini-peppers, 1 lb. bag
- Quinoa, one cup dried
- Water, 2-1/2 cups
- Salt, 2-3 tsp.
- Teriyaki sauce, 1/4-1/2 cup
- Prepare the veggies: mince the garlic, slice the onion into pie-shaped wedges and break apart or petite dice, remove stems from peppers and cut in half.
- Add the quinoa, 2 cups of water (the additional half cup or so is for making the sauce the veggies cook in) and 2 tsp. salt to the Instant Pot, set to Pressure, close the lid and vent, and Pressure for 15 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Spoon the quinoa into a serving bowl.
- Cancel Pressure. Set the IP on Saute for a few minutes. Add the olive oil to the pot along with the minced garlic and onion. Saute for a couple of minutes, then add the peppers and continue to saute for a minute or two more.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the veggies in the IP with 1/4-1/2 cup teriyaki sauce. Put the lid on (I used a see-through IP lid for this part) and Steam for a couple of minutes until the veggies reach the degree of softness you prefer.
- Be sure the veggies are plenty saucy. If you need to, add more water and teriyaki sauce as they cook.
- When done, adjust the seasoning with a little more salt if needed.
- Spoon the veggies and sauce over the waiting quinoa.
Although we like the veggie and quinoa fresh out of the Instant Pot, this dish is fine cold as well.
Expressly Leslie: https://vegetatingwithleslie.org/?p=3958
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter